Advocare Et al., LLC

Advocare Et al., LLC
'to call to one's aid'

Friday, August 6, 2010

Well not quite, it begins in October 2002 when my Dad died suddenly and unexpectedly.
Andrew (my husband). Luke and David (my son's) and I were living in California, so I received this news over the telephone from my brother Peter. We flew back to England the next day.
I stayed in England for 4 weeks helping Mum and my brother and sister, Dad's funeral was organized and attended.
Christmas 2002 delivered another trauma when a cousins' baby daughter died from Meningitis, a few months later that babys' grandparent, my Dad's brother died.
It felt like our family was on a boat that was going down.

On Jan 19th 2003 I went to my PCP for a regular health check and received a Tetanus Vaccine.
There begins one of the greatest chapters/tests of my life.
Over February and March I became increasingly ill, until on April 1st I had an MRI which showed inflammation and multiple lesions. I was immediately admitted to hospital and treated with Medrol for 5 days. I was discharged and took recovery into my own hands.

Gradually the diagnosis of ACUTE DISSEMINATED ENCEPHALOMYELITIS due to an allergic reaction to the Tetanus and Diphtheria vaccine became evident.


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward reading you whole story, really good start, can't wait to read more. Keep on blogging...
    Love Monika

    ReplyDelete